Sunday 20 April 2014

I upgraded my Note 2 to Android 4.3

You know that feeling, your old device is getting an update, a breath of new life into your device so that you can catch up to the rest of the world with new features and exciting interface.

You run the update and start to explore it..... then.......everything is so much slower than before.  Disappointment! Big Mistake.  So in my search online I found that the Samsung Galaxy S4 has then same problem as my Samsung Galaxy Note II (or Note 2 if you prefer).

A lot of the comments suggest making use of cleaners that close apps regularly, I didn't think this was the problem because I had used the Android functionality to manually close all open apps and free up memory, sure my phone was a bit faster, but then I used the apps again and the phone simply immediately got slower again.

Anyway, to cut a long story short I think the problem is really again a case of a slower processor trying to use an OS that requires a fast processor. (the reason I remember swearing about Windows updates)
So to compensate for this you need to change the "Animation Scales".  You do this by enabling the "Developer options" Option (this is enabled by tapping the Build number of your phone 7 times).  Then you reduce the three Animator Scales to 0.5 or 0 if you so choose.  I found that 0.5 was enough.

Here was the original post that helped me solve my problem!
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/345353-galaxy-s4-extremely-slow-after-4-3-update.html

Happy Androiding!

No comments: