Wednesday 25 February 2015

A not so new use for EverNote

I'm sure you've heard of EverNote.  Maybe you've even tried and maybe you even use it regularly.  I do, to me the main use it to search my notes.  In the past I was never able to find those notes from last weeks meeting that were so vitally important.

However I've found another use for it.  My filing system.  Just take a photo of your receipt, send / save it on EverNote and label it.  Not only can you search your label, but you can also search all the text in the photo i.e. the receipt!  I usually use the app on my mobile, tap the camera icon and snap a pic right inside the EverNote App.

I'm doing it this year for my tax return.  I'll let you know how easy it is to go through it all and put it into excel to add up all my expenses.

Just as a tip, create a separate notebook so that it is easier to search through at a later date.

No comments: