Friday 8 June 2007

English Teachers in Beijing

hahahaha
I'm sorry I just have to laugh. I started an English Teachers Support group on facebook the other day and.... well.... it looks like I'll be supporting myself for sometime :)

One thing I've been quite frustrated about teaching here has been the lack of direction from the school. I'm not sure if all teaching is like this, but essentially my only evaluators are my student. If one of them complains the school is on to me like a flash. So and so thinks you should do this, so and so doesn't like that. Well, you ask the school representative, what do you think? They reply they have no idea because they have never attended, listened in, been interested in your class. After all they're busy enough trying to reschedule the classes because teachers suddenly up and leave! What a vicious circle.

Well, that's my moan for the day!
If you want to join my group it's on facebook and it's called Beijing English Teachers Self Support Group.

Fat chance!

No comments: